Longstone PS Mission Statement
In our school all staff are committed to creating a safe caring environment where everyone in the school community is valued and treated with respect. It is our intention that every pupil is encouraged to develop his/her full potential during his/her time at Longstone.
At Longstone Primary School we aim:
- To provide a broad, balanced and coherent curriculum as required by the Revised Northern Ireland Curriculum which takes account of the needs of each individual child, in order that he/she can achieve success in a variety of contexts.
- To provide a curriculum which enables each child to develop his/her own individual potential to the full at each stage of his/her development.
- To provide a wide range of experiences ie, variations in teaching and learning styles.
- To provide and maintain a school atmosphere in which each pupil is not only preparing for the next stage of his/her education but is enjoying to the full the one through which he/she is passing.
- To promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, intellectual and physical development of pupils at the school and thereby of society.
- To promote close links between home, school and community.
- To prepare pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- To help children to learn to respect and value themselves and others.
- To develop personal qualities such as self-confidence, independence and self-discipline.
- To enable children to appreciate their environment and to show consideration to others.
A child is like a butterfly
Some can fly higher than others.
But each one flies the best it can.
Why compare one against the other?
Each one is different.
Each one is special.
Each one is beautiful.